(Updated: August 29, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

boon23 june 16 2009

Prologue:
After struggling with myself for a bit I have decided to review it, because obviously this fanedit is not getting the attention it deserves. Even though Harman “abused” me for previewing and helping, when I actually was too busy with my own current project, he showed great fanediting spirit by taking a lot of time to create step by step a flawless version of his fanedit. He took care of every issue I came up with and showed great frustration tolerance, because there always was something else and new to be fixed, which is a bit my fault because I always stopped watching on, when something truly bugged me, making this quality check and previewing session an incredibly long run.
I consider THE DARK KNIGHT a flawed movie. It wasn’t bad, but for me it was way not the masterpiece everybody was talking about. The plot was confusing and the pacing seemed just wrong. I did not like Batman in this movie and though Harvey Two Face deserved a lot more scenes. While Jorge’s Dark Knight remix is a genius take, it most of all is for me an artistic take and not what I want a Batman movie to be: an exciting Superhero action movie. And I think TDK deserved at least another take. Here it is.

As for all my reviews: this is just my personal opinion of this fanedit. I cannot tell anybody else, if he or she will experience it in the same way or the opposite. So my review is not objective and does not reflect the opinion of fanedit.org.

!!!!This review contains heavy spoilers!!!

The edit:
Reading through the cutlist I was not too impressed with Harman’s ideas, but watching it made the big difference, because it plays quite differently to the original, especially entertainment wise. Reducing the Joker scenes in the beginning does not like harman says it, just make him more mysterious, but it also switches the focus to batman and Harvey and that is what I think exactly what the movie needed to feel more consistent and be more exciting. Of course I could still have done without the Batman copycats and the weak appearance of scarecrow, but besides that I watched a great take with changes all int he right places to make this an extremely cool movie. Great pacing and a less chaotic plot through mild filtering. The more natural colors look great and do unlike my thinking add to the movie.
From start to finish I thoroughly enjoyed this fanedit.
There are a few weak spots: I already mentioned the Scarecrow appearance and Batman copycats. The deletion of Gordon’s death makes it strange to suddenly see him in disguise as a SWAT. The Batman blackmailer also seems to come out of nowhere.
But all these are minor flaws, which did not spoil my overall fun watching this fanedit.
editing: 9 of 10 (a few minor complaints to the plot)
entertainment: 8 of 10 (original 7 of 10)

Image and video quality:
Image and video quality were perfect. I am looking forward to the DVD release.
Video quality: 10 of 10

Audio editing and audio quality:
The audio editing is perfect true 5.1. I did not notice hard cuts.
audio editing: 10 of 10
sound quality: 10 of 10
resulting in a 10 of 10 for overall audio

presentation:
There is a DVD and a bluray coming, so I will not rate presentation yet. The fanedit comes with nice starting logos and very tiny alterations to the end credits which did not impress me.

Final result: 9 of 10
I recommend watching this fanedit.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments