darkknightascends_front
FanFix May 21, 2023 2899
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I think this is an excellent edit of an otherwise 'okay' movie. I never loved the third Nolan Batman movie, and this edit goes a long way to fix most of the issues I had with it. The extended time until the bomb goes off helps give more time for Bruce to recover in the Pit is one. While I don't mind that Talia was the one to escape the Pit instead of Bane, I do like that it gives something back to highlight Bane's toughness, while Talia exacting revenge for her father's death and completing his works is enough for her. I really didn't like the "Robin" name drop at the end (that was just silly), BUT I did like that he inherits the Bat-Cave, so it's a shame that's gone. Also while I do like that Bruce survives in this edit, I don't think the scene in the tropics is needed, just keep in the autopilot dialogue and maybe cut out Alfred crying. But that's a matter of personal taste.

Overall it's a really great edit. The other edit I enjoy is Wakeupkeo's TDKR: The Consequences Edit, but I didn't like the added screen text for that one, and I am a sucker for a positive ending, and would rather have Bruce's death be ambiguous rather than final.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply June 04, 2023

Yeah the problem I had with the cave inheritance is that he would probably die his first night as a vigilante lol. There is no league of shadows to train him. It's a nice thought, but in the end I found it better to have batman's story just end. Batman isnt needed anymore, he has become a legend, a symbol.

Cutting out alfred crying feels wrong since it's probably the best performance in the whole movie. But yeah I was considering making it ambiguous but then recalled that I was editing a superhero movie and I could cut it some slack.

Thanks for the kind words!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments