9.5 27 10
FanFix October 27, 2013 7404
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I first watched this movie in theaters back in 2003. At the time, it was my introduction to Daredevil, and while I grew to love the comics, I always found the movie to be a bit lacking. Later, I saw the Director's Cut and was pretty satisfied with that. I believed that was the best this movie could get. I am happy to say I was proven wrong.
First off, the change in the movie's structure really benefited the story. It created a solid arc, and I actually found myself invested in these characters. John Favreau's Foggy Nelson is definitely the one most benefited by this edit, and I was happy to see him bumped up to second billing. Speaking of, the new credits sequence was amazing, bringing in additional bits of Daredevil lore (Stick!) that should please comic nerds like me. On top of that, there were multiple references that place this in the larger Marvel Universe (worth a few repeat watches just for that). It really felt like the film that should have come out in 2003. Had that been the case, I expect we would have easily seen a Daredevil 2 or 3. Either way, this is the definitive version of this movie, with much more brutal action, less cheese, and actual heart. I can't recommend it enough.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments