FanFix October 27, 2013 7328
(Updated: May 05, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Amazing edit! As a fan of the Daredevil comics and the TV show, this edit really does the material justice and was much more entertaining to watch through. Taking out some of the really campy moments that I remember from the theatrical DVD version like the Elektra and Matt fight in the park really helped with fixing the tone of the movie. Speaking of Elektra the focus on the romance subplot is left more in the background and I love it- having it focus more on Matt's job as a lawyer was a good focus. Other elements I really love was the montage of Matt training by Stick, the removal of the fire in the bar thats shaped as the daredevil logo and the most important part that this edit did was have Daredevil not killing THANK YOU. I also love how UA embraces the dated, in its time feel with the music choices.

The only thing I would've liked to have seen is the Daredevil vs Bulleye moment to wrap things up in a neat bow but otherwise fantastic seamless editing that streamlines the plot and refines the tone. Fantastic work Uncanny Antman!

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments