BRILLIANT!!! This had me from the get-go as I love Lalo Schifrin and have made lots of little shorts myself using his music, great to see the inclusion of the Kelly heroes tank music that is great for tension I remember watching Inglourious Basterds and was ecstatic QT had included it in there. Editing was top notch I was anticipating the peaks in the chosen tracks and wondering how you would use them and all the editing choices were fabulous. If there was one thing I would have done differently it would have been to include the really wild movement at the end of Scorpio's theme from Dirty Harry at the climax of the short but this was really well done. It would have been a perfect 10 for me if not for the pixelation on the video which really doesn't bother me at all tbh when the edit is this good. This editor is definitely a kindred spirit!!
A great, tight edit.
My favorite from this Consecution.
The story was coherent and made logical sense.
No character development, but the heist caper was easy to grasp and follow.
Black and white was solid, and gave this a gritty Noir feel.
Audio was fine, as well. Earsplitting gunfire, jazzy musical undercurrent.
A fun filler.
I really liked this. The story was edited very neatly to work as a standalone piece, with the flashback outlining the plan as it goes into action giving it a classic heist film feel while the style of it just oozes class. The black and white worked very well, though I noticed compression artefacts at some points. The soundtrack was very good and really helped give it a classic noir feel - although it got a bit loud towards the end.
Overall, I thought this was great. Yes, it has a couple of issues - but they're minor and didn't detract from my enjoyment in the slightest.
Holy carp. This was perfect. Beautifully done black & white. Awesome music. Perfect editing. I would say I’m jealous that I didn’t make this, but the truth is I’m glad I never made this. Dom did it so much better.
This is the best of all the shorts in this project.
- Nice music choices, gave it a 70s feel
- If I'm nitpicking the sound levels could be adjusted just a bit as far as music vs. dialogue, but it wasn't jarring or anything but occasionally the dialogue was hard to hear, I guess it was necessary to hide center track spillage as far as the original music
- Some pixellation/artifacts (no idea if this is due to the full DVD encoding, or the fanedit short itself, or maybe the conversion to black&white?) throughout the edit
- I rewatched the the scenes in The Town that were used in this edit. Very nice editing with regards to intercutting of the scenes discussing the job and the heist itself
- Was that song near the end from Le Samourai?
- Narrative-wise this was excellent, nicely done