FanMix March 13, 2013 23896
(Updated: September 12, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

When TMBTM announced this project a few months back I was deeply intrigued. Taking the viewer on "a journey about us" is no small feat, and I think if anyone but TMBTM attempted such an ambitious project it would have failed.

It's really difficult to talk about this project as it's more about the emotion than a story per say. That said, it's a beautifully crafted piece that, I think, everyone should experience: fans of films for the entertainment value, and fan editors to see what one can do with fanedits.

I only have a handful of minor criticisms. I would have much preferred 5.1 over stereo. I would have also liked an HD release as this definitely warrants a 1080p viewing in my opinion. (Combined I knocked off 1-star for this.) It did feel a tad long and could have been trimmed by a few minutes here and there. Finally, I think it would have been more effective in the scenes with just music, especially in the beginning, if there were subtle sound effects too. (No points off for this, just a personal preference.)

Some might say this is pretentious. It might be, but the edit is effective is worth at least one watch.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments