FanFix July 03, 2014 7110
(Updated: July 10, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A wonderful viewing experience. This is the way the story was meant to be told. The nested structure really does let the viewer get involved in each story more fully and lets the suspense build up. As for making a sense that everything is connected, well that was always a little forced and pretty much about characters having deja vu every so often. Other philosophical points are more convincing, especially that fighting for the good is always important even if it seems to fail.

SPOILER ALERT
Avid 4D hasn't exactly split the stories in half to make the nested structure. It's more like an anthology of 6 stories in chronological order, and then you get the endings of all 6 in reverse order. I think it works pretty well, since you've spent enough time with each story, you can easily pick up the endings where they left off, plus you want to find out how each story ends.
END SPOILER

The stories and scenes are bolted together and the seams are sometimes pretty obvious, usually with a fade to black and silence. I noticed it for sure but it's not too distracting, and other joins are very smooth. The picture quality is glorious, extra props to Avid 4D for a spectacular encode.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply July 10, 2014

Thanks Brumous... I'm glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate your review.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments