Review Detail

8.0 5 10
FanFix July 12, 2012 2338
(Updated: August 28, 2012)
Enjoyment

I have to tell you this time last year, I had picked this as a christmas gift, got it on christmas day and watched it on a nice flat screen tv, believing in myself that I was watching something good, I was obviously still quite naive last year, forgive me.

Right from the weird non linear message we’ve got to forcibly sit through at the start, the monotonous voice telling us things we can do dring the movie, y’know sing, smile, have sex, smoke pot, shoot ourselves? We’re just clearly warned here that it’s not gonna be a fun ride of a movie to sit through. I like the opening making a baby using a frying pan, while frying an egg imagery we see, its an example of the artistic, boring, weird, mess your going to be watching for the next 81 minutes that just makes you wanna hit that friendly skip button until you get to the good bits, unfortunately there aren’t any. That cynical annoying guy at the start with the blacked out tooth is right, when he say’s “we’re f**ked, we’re f**ked” Yes, no we are but not because we see the problems presented in the movie for human’s living in space, which maybe is clearly not a very good..idea. No, no the real problem is just anyone having to watch this movie.
;)
God even the exciting, comic, fantastical music by flaming lips in the movie is annoying when your trying to watch and indulge in the moment, within the movie for a minute or two, you can’t because the sound won’t S-T-F-U yes excuse me. I watched the shorter version fanedit and believe me I really did want to get into this and enjoy the movie like I did the first time but I can’t and you probably..won’t.
E
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments