FanMix October 29, 2021 4584
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Just wow...

This is the first fan edit I have watched and I am blown away. Child's play is one of my all time favourite series and as soon as I saw that this I knew I had to have it!

This cut's intention is to make the first part of the movie more ambiguous and gets us asking the question... is the doll really doing this? Or is Andy doing these killings and blaming it on the doll? All the references to chucky being alive have been removed, from looking at the TV, to looking at his mother outside the bedroom door, and it really does add an interesting spin on this movie. A movie that I have seen quite a fair bit suddenly felt fresh and revitalised because it felt so different to the original!

Hands down to Dwight Fry for pulling this off. An amazing edit of one of my all time favourite movies, and I will be 100% adding this version to my annual watch list of the Chucky Franchise!

I am so glad that this was the first fan edit that I watched, it really has shown me how much time and love you editors put into these projects, and I cannot wait to see more!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Top 500 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments