Review Detail

7.9 12 10
Shorts August 16, 2012 5076
(Updated: September 24, 2012)
Enjoyment

October 2, 2009

Chase Consecution

I am not an advocate of the broad theme Consecution idea. I feel it defeats the purpose of the original concept, which was franchise based.

Matrix, OO7, Alien, RoboCop, Spider-Man, Terminator or Star Wars Consecution are a few examples or possibilities that would be far more popular than broad themes and encourage more, much needed participants.

Also the length of the shorts was changed twice from the original 10 minutes to 18 minutes, which I think is too long and so less of a challenge for FanEditors.

As it stands Chase Consecution is a disappointment. Of the seven entries, one does not even contain a chase sequence!

The DVD presentation is beautifully done but really has nothing to do with Chase or the short FanEdits included. It would have better suited a Matrix Consecution.

I was looking forward to Blueyoda’s Run Marty Run but it is absent.

That said there are positives. Uncanny Antman produces another fantastic FanEdit with Stuntman Mike. It is bristling with energy and humour. As usual the editing and sound design are faultless. I am also glad that Uncanny’s trailer is included as it is beautifully made.

TMBTM produces another excellent FanEdit with Fast Blood. He is continuing to prove that he deserves to be regarded as one of the best FanEditors out there today.

I just hope Consecution returns to the original concept of franchise based projects.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments