FanFix October 21, 2021 4288
(Updated: March 06, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Captain Marvel Where's The Love have a great pacing and overall a better one than the theatrical version. The editing is amazing, it made Captain Marvel be a likeable character. All her quip which felt like everyone is beneath her is gone.

As someone who has been indoctrinated for six years to keep the emotion in check. Stoic military-type fit perfectly with Captain Marvel. With a touch of humanity, she gradually regains herself again.

For information, I have watched the theatrical version, almost forgot most of it. But, there's are several scenes in the theatrical versions that don't sit well with Captain Marvel as a superhero. such as [SPOILER ALERT?]:
1. The bike thief.
2. Captain Marvel regain her full power from superintelligence.
3. Yon-Rog (short) final duel.
4. The story behind Nick Fury's eye.
This edit fixes all of that. Suggestion, a clip when she and her friend hang out in a bar might be a good addition to the emotional scene in Captain Marvel regain her full power from superintelligence.

[SPOILER ALERT]
Although this is almost perfect, I think the fight scene in the third act could be better. Captain Marvel just regain her full power, she shouldn't be able to use it with ease. The fight in the ship (remember they are elite soldiers) should overwhelm her a bit before she were able to fend off the attacker. Maybe remove the part in which she broke a sword. Another one is when At-lass said "don't make me do this" can be removed, to make the enemy more menacing. Ronan's scene should be removed entirely. Captain Marvel is able to destroy so many warheads at once, even destroy one giant starship on its own. No matter how much I love her binary form, is too much for her first flight. How can she know the limit of her powers? Flying head-on against warhead is showing too much confidence bordering on arrogance. Suggestions, when Captain marvel punches Yon-Rog's ship scene, can be followed up with her landing near Yon-Rog. Of course, it might leave the audience clueless about how strong Captain Marvel is when she shows up in Avengers End Game.

[SPOILER ALERT END]

I can say confidently, this is the best version of Captain Marvel we can watch. It elevates Captain Marvel to the role model we can aspire to be.

Thank you very much Tremault for your marvellous work.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply March 26, 2022

Thank you for your honest thoughts and feelings. I appreciate all your views about the fight scene as it will certainly improve my work. :)

A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments