FanFix October 21, 2021 4266
(Updated: June 07, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Tremault has single-handedly saved one of the worst and most indifferent films of the entire MCU with this edit. Obviously, nothing could be done about Brie Larson’s smug face, but thanks to some very clever cuts, Carol Danvers comes off as a much more likeable character than she originally was. And she actually has an arc! She is no more the all-powerful being kept at bay by mere deception. She now has to unlock her true potential through human relationship and, I have to say, the montage which establishes that is brilliantly done by the editor.

But more importantly, this edit gets rid of one of the worst MCU jokes ever; Fury losing his eye by an alien cat! It’s ridiculous and, sadly, that’s a new standard in latest MCU additions. So, thank you for that, Tremault! Just some food for thought if there’s ever an updated version… You can, maybe, further improve that with some scene rearrangement; having Fury cursing and Rambeau asking him if he’s okay just as Yon-Rogg fires against their plane, pass it off as some kind of injury because of the hit.

Technically, all changes are well-done, and I could only spot two minor things: First, the added scenes were of a slightly lower-quality, but that’s to be expected, I guess. Secondly, the whole sound mix during the newly orchestrated Violet scene is a notch louder than it should be, I think, but I would take that instead of that in-your-face “Just a Girl” soundtrack any day of the week! Finally, I must confess that I wouldn’t mind if a couple more jokes were missing, especially when it comes to Fury, keeping him more in line with his older self. But that’s just me, wanting a more serious experience with my superhero films.

All in all, this is a vast improvement over the original and a must-see!

UPDATE: I had to take the audio/video quality up a point -from a nine to a ten- after watching Tremault's newest version with the enhanced deleted scenes integrated into the film. It's always been a minor point, but the update was more than welcome!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments