9.7 3 10
FanFix May 14, 2012 3358
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Burlesque is far from a perfect film, but it is one of my favourite feel good films! Always put this on for a good time! Now, when I seen that Wraith had done this version, I needed to see it... and boy... it did NOT disappoint!!

The additional scenes integrate perfectly, with some nifty editing by Wraith! The extended and new musical numbers are brilliant! Seeing both Alan Cumming's numbers is fantastic! His full musical set with the dancers and his own version of That's Life, blend seamlessly into the film. We do have to watch his dancers number twice. but the second time is shorter and with a few different angles, however this can't really be avoided but it didn't distract from the film at all!

This could basically be a directors cut of the movie, and it is definitely going to be the way I watch this going forward!

This movie is a SD movie, which might be jarring when you first put it on. But after about 5/10 minutes, I barely noticed. If you like Burlesque, and even if you didn't, give this movie a watch. It feels much more complete than the official version and is definitely worth a viewing!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Top 500 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments