8.8 7 10
FanFix January 13, 2012 10894
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

On the whole, it's OK. Personally I would keep SOME of the deleted scenes. Maybe editing the ending titles too would be a good idea (e.g. the soundtrack section, we see references to songs we don't get to hear in this version and no reference the new songs). Also you missed 3 references to the Coffin Rock Massacre. 2 are made by the reporters, and the third one when Cravens says "...the blood in the van is going to match those tourists."
Kim's "Am I going to have problems with you too?" no longer makes any sense, 'cause we don't get to see any other problem, what happened outside with the rednecks was clearly not a problem for her.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Owner's reply May 11, 2014

The references to the Coffin Rock Massacre that you say I missed I didn't miss at all.
Let me explain; I wanted to (and did) delete the gore footage that showed the other tour group "getting it" (you can found that footage in the deleted scene section on the dvd) I didn't want to cut all reference to it i.e. the ending when it is all revealed what has been going on (or what might have been going on...)

I believe that if you show this fanedit to someone that has never seen bw2 before, Kim's statement "am I going to have a problem with you too?" will leave the viewer thinking about the punks seen earlier, outside the store. No problem IMO.

The opening credits sequence and the credits sequence at the end plays over footage of the woods, the black hills, and I didn't want that removed because I think it is beautiful so I left it as is. Sure, it creates problems regarding what info is shown and what actually is in the film now, but as I said earlier; I believe leaving it in gain more than it takes away.

Thank you for watching and taking the time to review it.

/peace

H
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments