FanFix July 15, 2015 6529
(Updated: September 23, 2017)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is phenomenal. I'm admittedly new to fanedits, but a decades-long fan of BR so this was an ideal cherry popper. You cut a HUGE amount of undiscovered fat; re-incorporate forgotten elements from other official versions; and elevate it all with a transformative (woohoo! was searching for this word) and agonizingly specific orchestral score that's accessible yet meaningful to whoever would recognize the tracks and their historical context. Ridley Scott would appreciate it more than anyone, and just that notion gives this entire watch a tingly freshness. Everything in this is fantastic. Really fun to watch.

You also create a two- or three-hump feeling of dread in the climax, which is preserved across the best official versions. Then it rockets off the chart in the last seconds. I feel like I can't talk about it more without spoilers, not that anyone reading this would be unfamiliar with BR. Anyway, nice pacing.

Fantastic music, fantastic excision, and if anyone argues the technical or narrative details I have to believe they'd still be taken by the smash-to-black finale. Phenomenal. Thank you!
Owner's reply September 24, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. Glad you enjoyed it!

R
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments