9.9 16 10
FanMix October 22, 2018 8507
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Both Blade Runner films have the general problem of just dragging too much and being too goddamn long for me. Wakeupkeo made an awesome fanedit of the first film that truly improved upon it to the point that I now LOVE that film; and out of all the fanedits I watched of the second film, Problem Eliminator's was certainly the best one so far.....but the problem of it being too long and dragging still remains.

For me, most of the drag revolves around the character of Joi. Now, I know there are some "Joi-less" edits out there, but they just don't work since some of the important plot points are revealed during the Joi scenes; removing her all together just doesn't work. Problem Eliminator's edit is currently the ultimate compromise for me, given the fact that it keeps the Joi character, but it does also trim the fat that is found throughout the film thus improving the overall pacing (while also establishing a stronger consistency when it comes to the narrative, which I TRULY appreciated).

Now, when it comes to the main attraction, which is the replaced music, I found that to be somewhat enjoyable. The way it was done was masterful, but it honestly didn't really do a big difference when it comes to drastically changing the feel of the film overall. Vangelis's score worked perfectly with the original BLADE RUNNER film, but for this second film that is more ambitious, epic, and modern in it's scope, I ultimately felt Zimmer was a sensible pick. To me, ultimately, it works either way. An uncle of mine, who watched and enjoyed 2049, did complain that the film didn't feel the same as the original due to it not having a Vangelis score. Perhaps he's a better candidate than me to test this fanedit....

All in all, a very good edit that was seamless and did, in fact, ultimately improve upon the original. Highly recommended.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
Top 500 Reviewer 8 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
(Updated: July 21, 2022) July 21, 2022
I did like a lot of the new music choices in this edit but wasn't too bothered about the Zimmer score either.

Are you aware of TM2YC edit?

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/blade-runner-2049-aerodynamik/

A good 13 minutes of trims without any affect on the main story....take a look
L
last-impressions
January 11, 2023
Hi,

Please send link of You Only Live Twice The LS Cut. Contacted numerous people including the editor and nobody responded. I would appreciate this.

Kind regards,

Gerard
G
ger
2 results - showing 1 - 2