9.9 16 10
FanMix October 22, 2018 8483
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I really loved this take on Blade Runner: 2049 and found the execution flawless. Blade Runner and Vangelis go hand in hand so this was a fanedit that I hoped for, even before finding out one existed. Avoiding the original score was a smart move as the music is so familiar it might have seemed pastiche, which this edit isn't at all. Whilst I would have been happy for the Wallace scenes to be left in, I'm glad they were removed as Leto's performance is complete garbage and I can only think that he ended up where he did with that character because his scenes were brief and he wanted to leave an impression. If you were going to remove one thing, that would be it. Perfectly happy for the Rachel scene to go too, as it proved so controversial that seeing it breaks immersion every time.

Overall I would recommend this fan edit without hesitation. It sets out exactly what it achieves too and executes its vision pretty much perfectly. I won't say which version I prefer, because I think both this and the original compliment each other and I expect to alternate between them in the future, depending on my mood.

If you're interested in a Vangelis-scored Blade Runner: 2049 (and who wouldn't be) then you should definitely give this fanmix a go.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments