9.0 2 10
FanFix June 30, 2020 3269
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Positives: The pace of the film is significantly improved. The run-time has been reduced to 1hr 52mins (excluding credits). Events happen much more quickly, and the exclusion of Joi from the plot is barely even noticable. I only noticed 2 or so cuts the entire film, meaning the A/V cuts were very well done. The plot still works very well, no major narrative issues.

Negatives: The film still suffers a bit from the long, drawn out scenes that the original BR2049 had. Perhaps a couple more scenes could have been cut/shortened. K's motivations are a bit less clear now that he does not believe himself to be Deckard's son.

Overall: If you don't feel like sitting through the original run-time of almost 3 hours, or if you're not a fan of the Joi character, I'd recommend this version. I still enjoy the original version, and (mostly) liked the Joi character, but this is a great alternate way of viewing the film, and is a good demonstration that the fundamental plot still works with a major character removed.
RECOMMENDED.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments