Review Detail

9.5 28 10
FanFix April 27, 2008 10332
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

Frankly, this edit is absolutely epic. ADigitalMan, this is one of the best edits I’ve seen, right along with Star Wars: Revisited. Despite having seen all the deleted scenes before, in the context of the movie, they really do come to life. Sure there are slight dips in quality, but they are forgivable considering how much more complex the story is made.

The hospital scenes are amazing. You can see how Deckard regrets having to be a Blade Runner and how he’s starting to see his own mortality. The other extended bits here and there work very well. A favorite of mine is definitely Roy right after he kills Tyrell; it seems to show his emotional/slightly human side, in order to make the viewers think.

The narration was never my favorite thing in the original Blade Runner, but with the added scenes here it works fantastically. You really get a sense of a noir-ish inner monologue and Harrison Ford’s tone and voice are really good for this. The best audio option, in my opinion, is using the voiceover from the workprint, as it indeed does seem more emotional. All in all, Deckard’s character and humanity becomes very emphasized here and I love it. For those that detest the voiceover, this excellent edit has an option for you.

Video: 10/10
Audio: 10/10
Editing: 10/10
T
Top 500 Reviewer 11 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments