nexus7_front
FanMix December 14, 2022 1336
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Overview - Replicants loose in downtown Los Angeles, near future (anyone who thinks we will be offworld by 2049 is myopic). Anyway, replicants roaming free, who ya gonna call?

Video - 3400 X 1600p AVC. Holy moly, I know where the filesize is here! How much did I pay for my disc at Az? $30.00. This is better looking! Period.

Audio - 640 kbps, 5.1 AC3. 2 tracks, one without narration, both 5.1. I saw this theatrically 3-4 times, and was always comfortable with Decker’s Noirish commentary. Here, Krausfadr has pruned much of it.

Narrative - This is fix and not a mix, so nothing is changed. The ending is somewhat unresolved, and the unicorn abides. Unless you are deeply into Blade Runner, the unicorn is an enigma.

Enjoyment - The video on this is breathtaking. I don’t even have a 4K screen, but even on my plasm it is remarkable. I was truly concerned that Krausfadr might have overly brightened the image, resulting in seeing too much. All sorts of props and sets that Scott hid with shadows and smoke.

I appreciate that Krausfadr kept part of the narration on a separate track. I viewed this several times when it originally screened, and that was the version I was accustomed to. The editor kept narration that explains points, removed narration that restates the obvious. Excellent choices, by the way.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments