batmanyear2_front
FanFix June 04, 2022 4783
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I absolutely loved this edit. This is exactly what The Batman should have been, a HBO series about Batman. I think Batman works better if it was show similar to Daredevil, putting Batman in a detective drama works very well for the character. And making it like a 4 issue miniseries just like Batman Year One is absolute genius. It's the only comic book movie that feels like a comic book.

I really like some of the small changes as well. In the original cut Batman bends over at the car crash to see if the Penguin alright, with I think ruins the scene considering Batman is trying to look intimidating in that moment, But you fixed it. the cuts you made were greatly integrated. One thing that I didn't like was how you did the opening titles at the beginning of each episode. I think they covered up the scenes too much, I think instead of using the whole background you could of overlaid the text on the scene so none of the shots lose any detail.

But goddamn, I loved watching this cut of the movie. I think you should do it again with the next batman or any other film. keep up the good work Don. Thank You

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments