FanFix June 04, 2022 4784
(Updated: July 02, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I personally consider "The Batman" to be the best big budget cinematic interpretation of the character so far, but that's not to say it isn't without its issues, the main one being its ponderous runtime and shifting, wandering narrative. I was anticipating some solid fanedits to pop up once the digital release came out and am very pleased to report that Don Kamillo's superb reworking is exactly what this film needed. The decision to split the film into a four part miniseries is ingenious and solves nearly all the issues with pacing and multiple storylines due to Kamillo's seamless editing, color tweaks, and deletions and additions. It's apparent he brought his A game to this project and the end result is a highly professional and supremely successful redo of the original film. Brilliantly done and highly recommended, this is to date the definitive version of this film. The closest thing I have to any sort of constructive criticism is the music used in the scene where Bruce visits Alfred in the hospital. Personally I think it works better with no music until the very end, but that's just me and it's a very small nitpick all things considered. Again, very solid and inventive fanedit and the one I'll be revisiting from now on.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments