FanFix June 04, 2022 4640
(Updated: June 16, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Absolutely brilliant. Seamlessly and professionally done. I always felt The Batman should have been a mini series on HBO Max due to it's lengthy runtime and this edit perfectly demonstrates that. Don gives us a slow burner of a noir-crime thriller slowly unraveling over four episodes. This is probably the closest I felt to when i was watching Daredevil series on Netflix in 2015, something about this edit just restored the feeling from that show. I loved the credits score (from the OST) and the title cards, everything is consistent and compliments the aesthetic and theme of the film perfectly. Speaking of the film itself, I actually prefer the sequencing and ending here more than the original. Finally the video (4K ) and audio quality (5.1 sound) is impeccable, especially for TV, but i'd also love a smaller file size in 1080p for personal devices so i can watch it wherever/whenever lol. I certainly recommended this edit if you weren't totally sold on the original movie (for its runtime etc) or if you're looking forward to the two spin-off HBO Max shows and craving something in the same vein then this edit will complement them nicely in the future. Great work, DonKamillo.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments