9.4 79 10
FanFix March 15, 2017 31735
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Having watched both the theatrical and extended edits of this film, and being a big fan of Superman and DC in general, I was left disappointed that there were so many undeveloped themes in the film. You had a political thriller, a standard blockbuster, a personal journey for both main characters and set up's for future films. Yet they were a complete mess, none seen through in a satisfactory manner. It wanted to be too many things and ended up being nothing. So when I heard about this edit I was desperate to watch it and I was not disappointed. Out goes the Justice League and Darkseid teasers, out goes that God awful Doomsday (I could go on a long tangent about how they should have used a Brainiac/Brother Eye almagam instead which would have allowed them to keep using Michael Shannon in future films and also explained how Lex knew who they were and had been spying on them), and no more Wonder Woman.
Instead No Justice gives us what the film originally promised, Batman v Superman! It is fantastically edited making good use of all the relevant scenes and putting them into an order that helps develop the story and better explain some of the more confusing/ridiculous parts (yes, the whole "Martha" part. It's still there, but due to what is in that scene you can't make the film without it and it still make sense).
This film ws elevated from dreadful to 7/10 by the clever editing. Which in my mind means this edit deserves 10/10

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
B
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments