FanFix March 15, 2017 31664
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

**SPOILERS**
First I have to say that I am a fan of the original Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the entire DCEU as a whole. I can admit that these movies do have their flaws, but I can appreciate that they are trying to do something different than Marvel. I think Zack Snyder is a tremendous director and was very excited when he announced that this would be his follow-up to "Man of Steel". In terms of visual and artistic style in Dawn of Justice, Zack Snyder delivered (despite the muted tones). In terms of story telling this movie showed where Snyder falters as a director. "No Justice" does its best to make this a much more focused cohesive story and succeeds. While their edits cannot fix every issue that arose in the film it does a tremendous job attempting so. This fan edit delivers a story focused on Batman's distrust of Superman after the events in Metropolis and manipulation created by Lex Luthor to create that distrust. Gone is the distracting subplot leading to formation of the Justice League. Gone is distracting side story of the mysterious Wonder Woman (even though she was on the highlights of the original film). And gone is the final confrontation with Doomsday that culminates with Superman's death (which deserved to be its own movie). Rather than having a film that attempts to be a Superman sequel, a Batman reboot, and a Justice League prequel, this fan edit delivers a film that focuses on first "big screen" meeting of the worlds most famous super heroes in pop-culture.

Obviously, there are still some issues that they couldn't completely erase, but they did their best to amend them. Jessie Eisenberg's Luthor is still strange and out of character, but the minimization of his role makes it far more tolerable. The "Martha" scene still remains, but is modified in a certain way to make it easier for the audience to connect with and relate to. Batman's kill count is all but eliminated and makes the character much more true to his comic book counter part.

Overall this a very well done fan edit that turned a movie that I enjoyed into a movie that I love. It's the first big screen meeting of Batman and Superman that we deserved to see. It takes the best parts of the original film (minus Wonder Woman) and puts them in much clearer focus while simultaneously minimizing/eliminating the worst parts of the film. I recommend this fan edit to people who fell on both sides on field. If you enjoyed the original I think you'll appreciate the much more focused version of the movie. And if you hated the original I think you'll enjoy seeing what could've been with a more compelling and cohesive story.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
R
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments