Review Detail

9.7 20 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Well, this was fantastic. I never watched the Theatrical Cut but I did watch the Ultimate Edition. While it certainly has it's good aspects, it suffers from just being way too much. The pacing is all over the place and often drags (Lois Lane, duh) and although the plot is quite simple, the narrative is overly complicated. But I always knew there was good movie hidden beneath.

At first reeseevans' 'No Justice' edit brought that to light for me. As the title suggests, it gets rid of setting up the Justice League, Doomsday and consequently the Death of Superman. While I like this approach a lot, it brought all new problems to the table, mainly not being canon anymore because the lack of dead Supermans. It also doesn't get rid of the complicated narrative because it keeps the Africa incident and plot. So it presents a nice alternative but can't be the replacement I was looking for.

This is where Wakeupkeo comes into play: his edit is perfect. He reduced the JL setup to the core essentials (especially his handling of the terrible Metahuman-watch party scene is so well done that I even like it now), removed the Africa plot entirely (it now revolves around the events of Man of Steel like it should've in the first place) and made the character motivations a lot more believable. What am I telling you, if you finally want to be able to love BvS, stop reading now and watch it! You won't regret it.

I found the video editing to be flawless and I'm usually kinda nitpicky. So great job there. If I'd never seen the original (and 'Batman Begins') I wouldn't have guessed that this is a fanedit. The audio was good (hence the 9/10) but due to "only" being 2.0 it was a bit hard to understand at times (especially without subtitles).

I only have one suggestion for the editor: Please consider re-adding the scene in which Lex Luthor first presents the painting in his father's office. I think it's extremely chilling and it sheds a completely different light on the ending shot where we see it turned upside down. Otherwise, thank you for this amazing edit! It'll be my Go-To-Version for the future. Really looking forward to watching your MoS and WW edits!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply April 04, 2021

Thank you for the awesome review!!! Great feedback!

Subtitles now available!!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments