Review Detail

9.2 20 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I finally got around to watching this and I'm very happy I did. I went into this without having seen the original version of this movie in a while. Sometimes that's a better way to approach fanedits. I'm not looking for things that are different, I'm just soaking in the experience. I had read about scaperats version and INIGHTMARES version before, but not right before I watched it today. So I went into this with letting the experience speak for itself. It was amazing. I had always liked this movie, but this was probably the most enjoyable experience. The tone was a lot more serious and much more satisfying. I didn't find myself rolling my eyes a lot (thanks for cutting batmans butt). I appreciate that it attempted to be more like the previous Tim Burton installments without forcing that narrative on the viewer. It still held all of the good qualities and originality that part 3 had. The changes in color and grain of the video was awesome too. This paired with the upscaling made it feel like I was watching a bluray that still captured the feel of the 90s. I really appreciated the strong reds, greens, purples bordered with the grays and black around it- that may sound confusing if you've never seen this version, so watch it to see what I mean. But I feel this style of coloring for this particular movie captured the nostalgic feel of what made the first one great, and even the second one for that matter. The narrative and story told itself. You still get most of the movie you remember here just with some fat trimmed off. I appreciate this version a lot. There are a lot of edits that you read about and you can safely say "yeah, this needed to be done". Then there are the edits you finish watching and you realize "yeah, this needed to be done". After finising the movie, I realize the value of this to the Batman legacy. I now understand the hype around scaperats original version. I have not seen that particular one, but INIGHTMARES brought it to life for me in a high quality version. The cuts were seemless and the audio was very even. It felt like an official release with the flare of a die hard fan. There was one seen where the mouth didnt match the dialogue and a couple scenes where the video quality was slightly lower, but it was nothing to distracting, hence my 9 for visual editing. Otherwise I very very impressed with this edit and I don't think i'd change anything. Maybe I'll watch scaperats version next, or maybe I'll watch this again. Either way, I highly recommend checking this out.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments