9.3 27 10
FanFix November 11, 2012 9874
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a great edit of the film but with just a few issues.

Batman 1989 is not my favorite Batman film but I think the film had the best impact on the character. Most of my issues with the film are due to the accuracy of Batman himself, but with The Descent into Mystery edit fixes a lot of the issues with the original film. Changes include Bruce not sleeping with Vicki Vale, and Batman not killing "a whole lot". Another thing I liked about this edit is how much credit is given back to the real creator of Batman, Bill Finger.
Unfortunately some of the cuts that were made I think could of been worked on a little better. Like the whole tower scene was cut too short, and you could of kept Axis Chemicals exploding by just cutting out a few seconds.

Overall I loved this cut of the film and I would go as far as to use it during Batman movie marathons. Dwight Fry did a great job on this edit and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
August 19, 2022
Blast from the past! Thanks for watching and reviewing this old edit!

In retrospect, it's true that I could have kept more of the tower scene. Certainly not the goons popping out of nowhere, but maybe keeping the whole staircase part instead of implying that Batman grappled his way up the outside. As for the Axis explosion, I actually did a non-lethal version which I almost included, but decided to lose it because narratively it would mean that Batman has to go back to the cave in the Batmobile and switch to the Batwing wasting precious time while Joker gasses the crowds, instead of using the Batwing to begin with. But I can see how some people might miss it...
D
dwight-fry
1 results - showing 1 - 1