batmanbeyondmovie_front
TV-to-Movie July 19, 2022 1995
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I will say that seeing these four episodes strung together works very nicely and editing for the most part works. However, I did notice two things I feel could be improved/added. I feel the transition from Terry discovering the bat cave was very quick and jarring which I know had a commercial break back then at that point. So I don't know what else could be done there to make it transition easily. I do feel the use of a time card and transition shot after the Rebirth episodes, can help establish time and help transition it better to the next episodes. As for the other transition into the last episode, that I feel works fine. The ending I feel the original ending to Blights Last Episode should have been left since He isn't really dead, least to the comics and plus the ending feels a bit too quick.

Overall, still a nice idea to put these episodes all together to make a movie. Least while we wait for WB to make a live action version.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply August 03, 2022

Thanks for the positive review.

"I feel the transition from Terry discovering the bat cave was very quick and jarring which I know had a commercial break back then at that point. So I don't know what else could be done there to make it transition easily."

Indeed. I thought about keeping the fade-to-black at this point, but it didn't work for me. I thought it was even more jarring that way.

"I do feel the use of a time card and transition shot after the Rebirth episodes, can help establish time and help transition it better to the next episodes."

I considered adding a time card, actually. Later, I decided the audience should themselves realize that there's a time skip there. However, I may add a "One month later" somewhere at that transition point.

"The ending I feel the original ending to Blights Last Episode should have been left since He isn't really dead, least to the comics and plus the ending feels a bit too quick."

I was adamant about the last scene of the edit being between Bruce and Terry and that scene fit the best. It's all fast in the cartoon, so not much to do here. I didn't care about the comics while making the edit. I want one to go watch the Return of the Joker movie after this one ;)

"Overall, still a nice idea to put these episodes all together to make a movie. Least while we wait for WB to make a live action version."

Sign me up to write the script. My version will be very Akira-esque.

V
Top 500 Reviewer 21 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments