Review Detail

9.3 46 10
FanFix June 01, 2009 9178
(Updated: August 20, 2012)
Enjoyment

I will start off with saying that I am not one of the people who was enamored with Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins. When I first saw it, I didn’t think it was all that captivating, thought the batmobile was atrocious, and missed the mystaire that Tim Burton’s Batman brought. But then, it’s a generational thing. A lot has come and gone in film since 1989, as well as in the audience’s preference.

I have come to appreciate it as a film, as I really enjoyed The Dark Knight. In retrospect, I think it undertook something that was very difficult, in bringing believability to a real life Batman. Especially after Batman Forever…

But I love this fanedit! It has definitely replaced the original as my preference for this story. The flow is tight, the action is strong, and the interest in the very convoluted story is fairly sustainable.
So, I give it 9/10 for effort.

The drawbacks I did not like are few, but kind of strong.

I really did not like the voice modulation for Katie Holmes. I could barely pay attention to what she was saying because it was so obvious. Not that I don’t think it was a good idea, but her voice is just so specific, it was hard to maintain the suspension of disbelief.

The biggest line for the description of this edit that stood out to me was “A more streamlined version of Batman Begins, with fewer cheesy jokes”. Then there was the ridiculous line Batman says about leaving a space for him to sign the check to pay for the damages to Gotham City. It was so corny! Right after he’s just left his mentor to die.

And has been brought up, there were a few scenes that seemed like the audio was not perfectly synced; though this was not as annoying as it sounds. (get it? sounds… never mind.)

Other than that, I was very impressed. I will definitely look forward to further work from JMB.
Great job, J!
M
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments