Review Detail

7.6 22 10
FanFix July 03, 2008 6523
Enjoyment

Wow! Who new there was something enjoyable lurking under that mountain of crap. Very nice cut. However, I will say it’s a very… ODD film to watch. You must have cut at least 70% of the dialogue, because there are loooong strecths where no one speaks at all. This gave me a weird feeling that I was watching some old silent serial. It also made some cuts seem rather abrupt, because it was obviously time for a one-liner and you just moved right along to the next bit of action. Not that either of these things is necessarily bad… just strange.

I’m very impressed that you managed to avoid making Bane look like total shit (he was in an inflatable suit for God’s sake) although that meant you had to cut him out of the third act entirely. In fact, I was shocked when he popped up after the credits, because I had forgotten all about him. You’re clearly right about Uma Thurman’s Ivy. Even with all the trimming you did she’s still absolutely ridiculous in her delivery of every single line. As for Mr. Freeze, I actually think you cut a few to many lines from him. I mean, what’s an Arnold Schwarzenegger performance without terrible one-liner’s?

Overall, I think you did about as much as was possible to save this without turning it into something other than a 90′s Batman movie. Which brings me to my most important point. As I said, watching this made me feel like I was watching a silent serial, and I think that would really be the way for someone to go. Just scrub the rest of the dialogue, desaturate the colors, and throw in some improved dialogue cards. Viola… Best Batman & Robin possible. Anyway, as it stands, 4 stars. You really polished a turd here my friend.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments