bttf_bootstrap_front.jpg
FanMix April 21, 2017 13287
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Seeing a childhood favourite recut to something fresh was an exiting prospect and QuackAtomic has created a fun new version to enjoy. I had often imagined seeing the 1955 timelines from films 1 & 2 cut together and this edit satisfies. However, with all the references to the Sports Almanac and old Biff I was expecting to venture into 2015, but that is relegated to a rather jarring final moment before the credits as we see the Doc, Marty and Jennifer arrive in the sky over 2015 Hill Valley. Perhaps it would have been best to leave on the original 'joke' ending of film 1 rather than actually show 2015, or, perhaps with more editing, all reference to 2015 may have been cut altogether. A similar issue arises with 1885 as we open with the train escape and never go back. I was left waiting to return but we never do. Perhaps leaving that opening action sequence out altogether and leaving only an intriguing taste for the old west in the Doc's story at the end on the train would serve to leave us to imagine, similar to the future of 2015. Granted all this would be difficult as the timelines are so intertwined. But as much as I am still left wanting to see a full chronological cut of all 3 films it would be a helluva single viewing, so for this to manage to edit roughly 5 hours down to 2.5 and still be a fun watch is an achievement in itself. Well worth a watch for anyone wanting a fresh take on an old classic we all know so well.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
B
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments