8.7 15 10
FanMix October 29, 2009 9260
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A massive improvement on the experience of watching these films. In particular the removal of the teenager scenes and other junk from requiem. I also really appreciate the changes to the score which incorporates music from the original films of the respective franchises. incorporating the scenes from apocalypto and outbreak was a great idea, although it was painfully obvious that the outbreak scenes were from a different movie.

combining these two films into one is a real challenge because they feature an entirely different cast of characters, different locations, etc. The one thing that ties it together is obviously the predalien hybrid. merging the two films does make sense because of this plotline and the overall rising threat to humanity over the course of the edit.

however, after the midpoint the pacing slows down to introduce the town and its characters. I would be curious to see a version that cuts requiem even more heavily. I could see the birth of the predalien as being near the end of the second act, then the wolf predator comes to earth and finds the town already in absolute chaos. The third act could be almost entirely focused on the predator's quest to destroy the aliens. just my two cents

overall a massive improvement as I said and worth checking out if you like the two franchises.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments