Review Detail

9.5 10 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

To begin with, I must clarify that I’m not at all a fan of MCU’s sense of humor. It was well-balanced and well-placed till the end of Phase One, but by now it has become repetitive, predictable and too juvenile for my taste. So, even though I’ve already seen the amazing AoU: Extinction Edition by Bobson Dugnutt, with all those creepy deleted scenes (the Norns’ cave, Hulk towering over that little girl and most probably killing her off-screen), any fan-edit that reduces the pesky jokes is always welcome by me. And Kikanator96’s effort is a great one! Starting from Ultron, the editor’s cuts deliver now a much more menacing antagonist who no more cracks a joke every now and then. Take, for instance, the scene where Ultron cuts off Klaue’s arm. Without the quirky, stark-ish attitude, Ultron now really looks like a heartless, sadistic machine, a terminator with contempt for humanity. Moreover, Kikanator96 also removes some non-Ultron scenes that no one will miss (I certainly didn’t!), like those “It was a good talk- No it wasn't" lines when Iron Man breaks into Strucker’s fortress. God, I hate that scene! All cuts are clean and seamless, but I think that the editor should have left the cuttlefish scene intact. It’s a piece of fully whedonized dialogue and it’s cringy, but without any explanation as to why Klaue’s afraid of cuttlefish, something seems really off. Not to mention that even though Pietro taking the candy was removed, we can see him chewing it in his mouth. Other than that, the De-Whedoned Cut is a great fan-edit that vastly improves the original, mainly if you’re not a fan of MCU’s comedic formula. Certainly recommended.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments