Review Detail

9.5 10 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Avengers: Age Of Ultron had a lot of potential when it was first announced. Tony Stark's arrogance causing the creation of an unhinged A.I., introducing Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and creating Vision. I was super jazzed for it, especially the casting of the amazing James Spader as Ultron, but felt something was off after I saw it. I enjoyed it enough but never had the urge to put on AOU if picking a random MCU movie.

Kikanator96 did an absolutely great job getting rid of much of the 'Joss Whedonness' that I now see bugged me. Ultron was good as is, but there was strange quips and jokes that just brought down his menacing stature. Kikanator96 restores that and then some by cutting out the crap, making Ultron more cold and determined. That's a TRUE villain right there.

If there's something more I would have preferred it would have been some cuts to the Black Widow/Natasha and Hulk/Bruce Banner romance that came out of nowhere. Making it more about the inklings of romance rather than a 'will they, won't they' thing that was pushed into this movie without prior development. Still, that's more of a nitpick. Overall it's a great edit and replaces the theatrical cut for me.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments