Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

Review by Captain Khajiit — March 6, 2011 @ 1:27 am

Review by Captain Khajiit

Video
The treatment that was given to the video gives this edit a vintage feel, whether it is a true representation of how Super 8 footage degrades over time or not. I found the new look to be the perfect antidote to the digital look and excessively-used CGI of the original. 10 out of 10

Audio
There were no hard cuts. The audio was perfect — and 5.1 for those that want it. 10 out of 10

Entertainment
TMBTM has said more-or-less exactly what I feel about the plot; this is a highly entertaining edit and the feeling that there are a few missing points fits with the Super 8 feel. Some irritating aspects of AOTC are ineradicable, but their impact is effectively minimised. 8 out of 10 (original 5 out of 10)

Editing
Rogue’s editing is accomplished. The editing choices were excellent. There is little that I would have had the editor do differently. 9 out of 10

Presentation
The DVD menus look great. There are extra trailers that really are worth watching–that’s high praise from me. The choice of cover art is extensive, and it all looks fantastic. 10 out of 10

Overall
The faneditor has a vision for the edit that he sees through to completion. This is a must-see edit for everyone; Star Wars fans, casual fanedit viewers and people like me who never thought that they would enjoy watching AOTC again.

This is the best firstling I have ever seen — 10 out of 10.
C
Top 500 Reviewer 33 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments