Review Detail

9.7 16 10
(Updated: September 10, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by TMBTM — March 4, 2011 @ 1:52 am

It was a very nice way to revisit the movie although I feel that, for someone not knowing the movie, there are some little plot holes (well the original movie also have some: syfo dias anyone?).
How exactly Obi knows where is the planet to look for in the archive and the name of it? (a simple “a bounty hunter from Kamino…” line by Zam just before she dies would have make sens here). And who exactly is that Dooku vilain that every characters seems to know, but the audience not?
That said, those kind of missing things ARE parts of super 8 cuts of movies anyway, and they did not break the flow of the story at all.
The look of the edit is “gorgeous”, maybe a bit too beautiful, but it’s not a complain at all, I loved it. From the picture I saw before I was worried that it would be just a tinted black and white version, but no, it’s very smartly done.
The pace felt a bit like a “long” episode of the CG Clone Wars show and this is also a compliment.
I also liked the added music from the OT at times. Nice touch.

I’m also very pleased that some of the trailers that are on the DVD will maybe turn into future releases, because they looked great!

This is a solid first fanedit that shows a lot of work and passion. Congratulations.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments