antmanpyn_front
FanFix February 12, 2023 1745
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Bobson is back in the MCU, serving up micro-portion of the original Ant-Man!

While I did enjoy the edit, I do agree with Joseph that this edit does Darren Cross little favors. While the use of deleted scenes were fun, I thought that the music in the second scene could've had a smoother fade out, or even keep the music but cut it off or turn a sour note when Scott says to call the Avengers. I also thought it was weird, with the first deleted scene that we see Scott adjusting the cable before an establishing shot of the house. That should've been done backwards.

Also, this is in no way Bobson's fault, but this viewing hit me on how everyone gives their opinion on Scott's big heist *except* for Scott himself. All he ever says is that he changes tactics, but we don't know if he thought it was a cause he believed in or if he was just in it for the money. I had a concept idea of intercutting the trailer scene of Scott & Cassie hanging out/lying down at her birthday party with the scene of Cross telling Hope what a failure of a father Hank was, the idea being that the juxtaposition would make the audience judge Scott as a bad dad/bad guy & make his redemption all the sweeter.

I also had an idea of using the scene of Cassie playing with her bunny and recontextualizing it as an imagine spot Scott has when he's making the ants lift the Penny, cutting it off when Cassie asks if her dad's a bad person. The idea there being Scott thinks of himself as small to move the ants around, but again, never tried these out in practice. Bobson, feel free to use these ideas if you ever decide to do a 2nd version.

At any rate. if you weren't a fan of the first movie, give this version a shot.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments