animation_consecution_front
Shorts February 05, 2022 1838
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

(Ratings are an average, reflecting the overall experience)

I have reviewed the shorts separately on their individual pages, so this is really more of an overall impression and some words on the actual presentation.

To properly experience the Animation Consecution, one really has to download and experience the DVD (I watched most via the DVD, and some via MKV). This doesn't necessarily require a disc-burning, since VLC allows for easy playback. The point is, That One Guy has put together a wonderful and creative package to house this Consecution's shorts and it deserves attention. I love the extra effort to give each short its own unique poster as well.

The menus are fun and are presented as an interactive "Fanedit TV" channel. The addition of subtitles for all edits is also very much appreciated.

I hate to make them, but a couple of small criticisms:

1. I was experiencing a relatively loud audio pop every time I clicked on a new menu option.
2. Some of the bonus clips you are initially met with on the first menu screen cut short by about a second, sometimes cutting off gag lines abruptly.

These are pretty minor on the whole. It's also entirely possible the above are a VLC issue, as I did not burn the DVD to disc to test playback in a player.

Not all the shorts were to my taste, but the editing is generally very well executed across the board and I was able to enjoy all of them on some level. My top 3:

Leo, L'enfant fantome
One Last Game
Too Much, Too Much

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Owner's reply March 13, 2022

Thank you very much for the kind words :)

In terms of the DVD issues you mentioned I think they are a VLC-specific issue as I have experienced them during testing the DVD image, but couldn't reproduce it when burning the disc and playing on a PS2 or PS3.

It's good to have them mentioned in reviews, so that people know what to expect if they don't burn a physical copy of the DVD. If I can find a fix, I will create a new version of the DVD image and make it available.

T
Top 50 Reviewer 103 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments