anastasia_front.jpg
FanFix January 13, 2015 5956
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Foreword: I haven't seen the original in sometime, which I prefer for watching edits and I also didn't review the changes (log) ahead of watching, which I also prefer. I looked at the edit list back when I downloaded the edit, but I like to not know what I'm walking into; I don't watch an edit for a few months or more after downloading it.

What I liked: You kept the feeling of the original but made it less boring and "scary". Your edit's transitions were very good.

What I didn't: This version didn't add anything for me. I also thought a lot about removing the "scary" bits and I think there is room for improvement. As a child's movie having a guy literally falling apart all the time is a little creepy.

Overall: I thought this made it feel more like a Disney movie, and in fact I have a few people watch it with me and they actually thought it was because they couldn't remember that it wasn't. I'd prefer this version over the original for children. I'm not sure it is better or worse but it is a little more streamlined.

Extra: Keep up the good work! Maybe next time you re-encode/work on this you can use H265 for some added compression, just FYI.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments