amazingspideruntold_front
Extended Edition November 27, 2020 9395
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Although I am a DC fan, or rather I became one growing up, overall, Spider-Man is my all time favourite superhero! I have read lots of comics, both with Peter and Miles Morales, seen the great Amazing Spider-Man animation and of course, watched several times all 8 of his movies. The original two Amazing Spider-Man films, were really hit or miss for me. Several good stuff in them and several bad. Let's say, for the first Amazing movie, my overall enjoyment factor was a 6.

When I came upon this edit I was really really intrigued. I mean, having all the "Peter parents" plot from the second movie into this one, which was his origin film, made perfect sense!

The vidual and audio editing were excellent!! You could not tell that the extra scenes where from the next movie...iiif only Andrew Garfield didn't have a new haircut in the next one. But if that wasn't the case, and you were a first time viewer, you would never be able to tell if something was tampered with. That's how great the editing was!

On the narrative side of things, this is the absolute version of Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man origins. That being said, if you did not like the original movie or you had other isues with it, there will still be here. This is an extended version, not a fix. For instance, for me, it didn't change the fact that Lizard is an oversized, bad CGI aaand he was like a generic Super Mario enemy. I mean, PUT THE DAMN LAB COAT ON LIZARD!!! How hard is it?? Have something that looks like the comic version. It was the only thing that distinguished him from a generic mutant lizard. And besides that, this movie doesn't really have much action, so by adding an extra 25 minutes of non-action scenes, made it even more slow. But all this is not Masirimso17's fault.

So, I most definitely recommend this to anyone who didn't completely dislike the movie. If you found it "ok" and above and you dig extra backstory for Spidey gathered in one film, this will be your go-to version of the movie! I know for me it will be, although not anytime soon. 2.5hours of origin, without an actuall, quality, spidey-action payoff, is a bit much..

Thank you Masirimso17 and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments