amazingspideruntold_front
Extended Edition November 27, 2020 9401
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I was intrigued by the approach of this edit, shifting a subplot from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to the first film in the series (because god knows that film didn't need that many subplots). Unfortunately, I came away not feeling the experiment totally worked. For example, I felt the inclusion of the plane crash scene early in the film palpably hurt the pacing and took us out of Peter's perspective when we ought to have stayed rooted in the character and his journey. I ultimately didn't feel the scene told us that much that we couldn't glean from other sequences.

The other "untold story' scenes felt similarly superfluous, much as they did in the original 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' film. I do however feel that many of the reincorporated deleted scenes worked in the movies favor, giving more pathos to the character of Dr. Curt Conners. It's a shame that placeholder vfx and sfx in some scenes were still obvious, despite Masirimso putting in a good effort to patch up any obvious green screen. Ultimately I'd recommend Masirimso17's standard extended edition instead.
Owner's reply January 16, 2022

Thanks for the review, Octoroxx. You're right that in order to accomplish my goals with the story I had to compromise some of the editing choices in the film. I think overall it works more effectively than the regular one, but that is just a preference thing and I know not everyone will enjoy it--that is precisely why I released the Untold version separately than the regular one, so people can pick whichever version they prefer. I suspect you'll enjoy the regular one much more :)

I did try to remedy your first point by including the family taking a photo together, which I think works well.

Regardless, I'm glad you enjoyed my edit regardless.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments