Extended Edition November 27, 2020 9237
(Updated: January 12, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

What worked - Deleted scenes inserted masterfully, notably the switch between the POV scene from the teaser and the first reveal of the suit. It's amazing how well the Roosevelt storyline can be integrated with the first film. The new song added to the wall of craziness scene shows how legitimate this edit is.

What didn't work - A couple rescores I wasn't too fond of (Elfman and Zimmer) but it's nothing recognizable or out of pocket that would take you out of the movie.

Closing Statement - IMO this is the best way to watch TASM. I wouldn't even call it an "extended edition" as all the additions make the film feel complete.

*Edited for clarification

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
V
Top 500 Reviewer 13 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
December 01, 2020
Thanks for the review and kind words! I kept the plane scene (though I trimmed it a little bit) for two reasons: One, I felt like it gives some much needed context to the Roosevelt train i.e. when Richard was uploading it and his purpose of uploading it there—otherwise it feels confusing as to what Richard’s endgame was uploading it to the train. But the plane scene shows that it’s “just in case”. Two, I love the parallel it creates with the end of the second movie with how both Parkers had their loved one taken away from them by an Osborn, and the added plane deleted scene brings more attention and tragedy to it. As for the rescores, could you be a little specific? I’m assuming you’re not a fan of the music from ASM2? Would be interested in your perspective on this matter.
M
masirimso17
1 results - showing 1 - 1