8.8 11 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Audio/Video Quality: As far as I could see there weren't any issues

Audio/Visual Editing: Transitions were all seamless, if there were any problems I didn't notice them

I first watched The Amazing Spiderman when I bought the Blu-ray (at my friends insistence, him being a huge spider-junkie) about a year and a half ago. I thought it was fine, a perfectly passable action adventure movie with great chemistry between the lead character and his love interest. In my mind it didn't have any particular flaw, it just wasn't a fantastic movie.

And, for the most part, my opinion of this edit is the same. I like the color correction quite a bit, and I like the reincorporated deleted scenes. I can certainly say that this edit is superior to the original film, although by how much is up for debate. The real change that I noticed was that Dr. Connors is a lot more fleshed out of a character than before, he feels a little more real, a little more human. The other thing that I noticed was that Norman Osborn's motivations were made a little more clear this time around. These are good things, and I didn't miss any of the deleted scenes.

Overall, I recommend this over the original movie. In the words of steelio2006, it really is The Amazing Spiderman 1.1

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments