amazingspiderpart2_front
FanFix February 26, 2023 1967
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Lantern51 has accomplished something I thought impossible, he made me like this movie!

Which is no mean feat, for as much as I love Andrew Garfield, I found both his Amazing Spider-Man films to be tonal messes and unnecessary re-imaginings so soon after Raimi's trilogy. The first one, Peter Parker was completely unlikeable for me and in Part Two, the movie was bloated with franchise building rather than focused on telling a good single story.

But Lantern51 fixed all the problems I had with Part One, thus I should not have been surprised that he was able to work his magic on Part Two.

This is a much tighter story with clear narrative through line. Considering the limitations of the original story parameters, I think Lantern has elevated the story remarkably well. He has made both villains more tragic and threatening. This is particularly impressive with the Harry/Goblin story arc, since this did not work for me in slightest in the original movie. But now, with the changes made, I can at least buy into it.

The new ending works SPECTACULARLY. It has an emotional resonance that was desperately missing from the original. To hear that iconic dialogue "..with Great Power comes Great Responsibility" definitely gave me the FEELS!

One of the big reasons this new version works so well is the Audio Work -- WOW! The scale and scope of the audio removal/replacement/rebuilding is staggering. New music! Extensive new Foley and SFX rebuilding. As a Fan Editor, I know how hard this is. And what Lantern has done needs to be recognized and applauded. Knowing the limitations and weakness of Audio Removal Software, I did not drop any points for the rare audio pop or minor score bleed or voice pitch change, as they did not detract from the immersive experience.

The re-inserted deleted scenes are all very well done. Some required colour correction to match the other main film and I think Lantern has done a great job in this area.

A really good fan edit. The hard work and passion is evident in every scene. Lantern51 should be very happy with their accomplishment. Well done!!!!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments