9.3 14 10
Extended Edition February 02, 2019 11837
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Originally posted on r/Fanedits three months ago: https://old.reddit.com/r/fanedits/comments/rf3kic/the_amazing_spiderman_extended_edition_by/

With Spider-Man: No Way Home coming just around the bend, I'd thought I would jazz up my rewatching of the other Spider-Man films with fanedits.

Now first off, I want to say that I hated the original TASM. I thought it was a terrible film.

Now after hearing about all the deleted scenes, I thought maybe Masirimso's extended edition would improve it.

It did, though it's still not perfect.

There are still some issues not resolved in this edit, like Peter going after his Uncle's killer and then dropping it halfway through the movie. Not to mention promising Gwen's dad that he'll stay away from her on his deathbed and then immediately breaking it.

But there are some things it does improve greatly. Curt Connors is more interesting now, with his motive fully shown and not just said in one or two throwaway lines. And, most importantly, Ben's death is improved greatly. While in the original, Ben dies stupidly over a stolen chocolate milk, here he goes after the guy mistaking him to be Peter, who he went out to find.

Overall, the film was definitely improved and the editing was good though there was a weird glitch in the 8 GB copy where the basketball scene was out of sync*. But if you thought that TASM was bad, I do recommend you watch this version and give it a second chance. You might find it better than you did before.

*I have contacted Masirimso about this and he has fixed it. That part of the review is a little OOD.

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments