9.4 15 10
Extended Edition February 02, 2019 11866
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Let me just start off and say: The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't a terrible movie to begin with. Sure, it had its ups and downs, but it wasn't unwatchable. I wasn't particularly *looking* for a fanedit of it, I just stumbled across it while browsing the internet.

I am so glad that I did.

This edit took a mediocre film and made it far better. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's performances are able to shine in this edit without the viewer being distracted by the plot. Masirims017 did a fantastic job of weaving the story together with the deleted scenes reinserted and some theatrical scenes removed in order to give the viewer the best experience. I went through the list of edits and was surprised by several of them; I didn't notice certain things in the movie being cut out. It all flowed very nicely. I particularly enjoyed the deleted Dr. Connors scenes. I had always thought he was a very lackluster villain. We never got time in the theatrical cut to really get to know him and to like him. This edit restored that and allowed for us to connect with Connors and Peter and lets them develop a relationship beyond scientist-and-intern. They seem like real friends.

As for the video quality, it's very good. The MP4 was in 1080p HD, and all but one cuts were seamless. (The POV shot added was awesome, but you can tell where the transition back to the theatrical version was because the colors changed slightly. Some color correction would be in order to fix that.)

The audio quality was also good. Not the best, but not terrible. I would have preferred it to remain in the 5.1 mix, but that's not always feasible. The 2-channel stereo track wasn't bad by any means though. I was even able to re-encode it to a lower bitrate for viewing on my iPod nano 7th gen, and the audio was still great.

This will definitely be my go-to version of the film. A genuinely good story with great performances and great effects, and the extended cut gives us more story where the original was lacking.

9.5/10, would recommend. Well done, Masirims017!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
P
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments