Amazing Spider-Man 2: Reworked, TheFeatured
- Reverted opening logos back to their original soundtrack, as opposed to the film's soundtrack which leads into the opening scene
- Removed opening scene of the Parkers on the run aboard their private plane, the film now opens to Spider-Man swinging through the city
- Cut shakey GoPro footage of Aleksei Sytsevich colliding with police cars
- Cut GoPro shot of Aleksei crushing a police car with the stolen Oscorp vehicle
- Cut Aleksei firing his machine gun into a crowded city street while attempting to shoot Spider-Man, the exchange between the two now ends after Aleksei reaches to grab Spidey
- Added voice-over of Spidey saying "Woah, okay!" after he dodges Aleksei's attempt to grab him
- Lessened audio pop when Max Dillon bumps into a stranger and drops his blueprints
- Cut shot of Spider-Man assisting to steer the stolen Oscorp vehicle while Aleksei struggles with his jammed machine gun
- Cut Peter Parker saying "and my folks" when Aunt May mentions she wishes Uncle Ben could've attended Peter's graduation
- Cut audio pop when Gwen Stacy's family asks Peter to join them
- Removed scene of Aunt May trying to enter Peter's room while he removes his costume
- Removed scene of Peter arguing with Aunt May when trying to wash his costume
- Cut Max daydreaming of yelling at Alistair Smythe for joking about being Spider-Man
- Cut any mention of Peter's parents while he and Harry Osborn are skipping rocks
- Cut audio pops present in the scene of Peter and Harry skipping rocks
- Lessened audio pop in the Times Square showdown when Spidey prevents an old man from being hit by a police car sent flying by Electro
- Removed scene of Peter assembling the wall of clues and leads regarding the disappearance of his parents
- Added deleted scene of Felicia Hardy greeting Peter at Oscorp, followed by Gwen entering soon after
- Removed scene of Aunt May discovering Peter's investigative wall in his bedroom
- Cut Peter mentioning his parents when venting to Gwen that everything is falling apart
- Added reversed shot of Gwen listening to Peter vent from the aforementioned scene
- Removed scene of Peter throwing a temper tantrum in his room and throwing his father's calculator against the wall
- Color corrected scene of Harry being fired from Oscorp to make it appear earlier in the day
- Removed scene of Peter entering the subway to investigate his father's secret lab
- Added deleted scene of Gwen visiting Peter's house to inform him that she has been accepted into Oxford
- Cut all shots of Peter watching the recorded message his father left behind
- Edited all shots of Harry breaking into Ravencroft into one cohesive montage
- Re-edited all audio present the scene of Harry breaking Electro out of Ravencroft, allowing it to flow as its own standalone scene
- Cut handful of frames off a behind the back shot of Dr. Kafka asking a security guard what's happening
- Removed scene of Peter leaving the subway while listening to a voicemail Gwen left him saying that she's leaving for Oxford
- Color corrected shots of Harry walking through Oscorp and entering the elevator with Donald Menken hostage
- Cut low FPS slow-motion shots of Harry writhing on the floor while transforming into the Green Goblin
- Added deleted scene of SWAT team members guarding the elevator exit with Menken, shots of this scene are dispersed throughout Harry's transformation
- Added deleted scene of Peter returning home only to be informed by Aunt May that Gwen stopped by earlier to say she was leaving for Oxford
- Added color corrected shots of Gwen in a cab on the bridge from an earlier scene where Peter is listening to Gwen's voicemail
- Cut Gwen telling her cab driver to stop the cab, as well as the cab driver responding with "Lady, I ain't even moving!"
- Removed scene of the airport control center reacting to the citywide blackout
- Removed scene of pilots attempting to contact the control center
- Removed scene of Aunt May in the hospital trying to work around the loss of power
- Removed scene of the airport control center realizing that two planes are on intersecting flight-paths
- Added deleted scene of Felicia talking to the Green Goblin in the now destroyed Oscorp building, this audio in this scene has been completely redone
- Removed shots of the two planes flying closer towards each other
- Removed scene where the airport worker states that there is sixty seconds to impact, as the two planes draw nearer
- Removed scene of the airport regaining power and the two planes narrowly avoid each other
- Removed scene of Aunt May's hospital regaining power
- Lessened audio pops when Spider-Man is talking to the Green Goblin
- Cut jarring half-a-second long shot of Green Goblin lunging at Spider-Man
- Cut shot of the Green Goblin being knocked out where the stunt double is obvious and clearly visible
- Removed the final battle with Rhino, the film now ends on a somber cliffhanger where Peter contemplates ending his hiatus and becoming Spider-Man again
- Added animated 'EXPOED' logo into the editor section of the end credits
I loved this edit! It feels more complete since we didn't get another Amazing Spider-Man sequel. There really was no point in having Ben Parker come back in this story like the original cut did. The pacing feels off when Harry is fired and breaks into his own company. It never cuts back to Peter making a confused story line on who the main character was. There also was a break in sound edit at 1:09:48 which wasn't so smooth. A piano key was off tempo coming too early and making an awkward transition (the editor does claim it was intentional). Overall, it was an AMAZING edit and I look forward to more fan edits from this editor.
Nothing much to say about this. This is exactly what I wanted from ASM2. Perfect opening, perfect ending, perfect story. My only problem is a couple snaps and pops in the audio during the middle of the movie. HIGHLY recommend.
I’d been waiting for another Amazing Spider-Man 2 and this one didn’t disappoint.
I didn’t notice any awkward cuts, nor did I notice the removal of the hidden train subplot. It was masterfully done.
The sprinkled use of deleted scenes create a polished narrative that just wasn’t in the original movie, and I feel that Expoed has done a fantastic job in trimming the fat.
I do, however, feel that the inclusion of the scene where Max talks to himself in his apartment was unnecessary. I don’t think it added anything new to the character that wasn’t already present in other scenes in this edit.
And although difficult to remove, as it has rather large piece of the plot, I was never a fan of the Ravencroft scenes, but Exoed did a good job of making that poorly paced part of the movie more cohesive.
Now onto the video quality of the edit.
To me, the video quality of an edit has always been the least important part. I feel story, structure, and edits come above all else.
The quality of the file provided to me by Expoed was definitely HD, but on my 4KHDR TV (which could very well be the culprit) I was able to pick out pixelating in scenes, but I do not believe this detracts at all from a well-made edit that Expoed has taken the time to make, and any editor will tell you that it is not a short process.
In regards to the audio editing, my speaker setup is a 2.1 system for my TV, so it’s not the greatest, sure, but any audio edits that were done went completely unnoticed by me.
In conclusion, I have seen many edits on this site and this one is the first I felt compelled to leave a review for. Expoed did a fantastic job and I fully recommend this edit.
Thank you, Expoed.