alien5_front
FanFix November 12, 2020 9870
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Fantastic edit. Watching this (Only watched 154 minute version as of now) kinda reminded me of the same feeling I had with the Virtual Workprint of Batman Forever. That being the feeling that I now had full view of the film that Ridley Scott intended, but the studio forced him to cut down in order to be "closer to roots" (Aka copying the structure of Alien 1 note-for-note like T3 did to T2). It now truly feels like a sequel to Prometheus (A film I think is excellent), while keeping the good tie-ins to the original Alien that the theatrical cut did have in spades. It now feels like a real entry in the Alien franchise as opposed to a rushed Alien 1 clone. The biggest improvement now being that Franco has more than 2 seconds on-screen (Wtf Fox??). My only issue is that it could feel a bit long for a sci-fi horror film, but that's because I watched the 154 minute version. I have full faith that the 132 minute version won't have that issue.

All in all, I feel like we finally have the "Alien: Paradise Lost" that Scott promised us years ago. And it's a perfect lead-up to Alien Prequel #3 now in development.

Credit to Wraith, I'm now back on board ready to experience the conclusion to the saga of David.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply November 29, 2020

Thanks for the review. Appreciated.
Franco!...still no in it enough, but guess they were going for a Janet Leigh Psycho shocker maybe? For that to work though we would need to be engaged with his character which would need at least a few dozen scenes more. Alas, that is all there is unless we crowdfund some pick up shots with him........

D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments