FanFix January 17, 2023 2452
(Updated: May 02, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Darksteel has blended everything needed from both theatrical and director's cuts to give viewers the best version of this sci-fi classic.

Everything needed to help the viewer bond to the crew is present, every necessary scene is here, trimmed to keep the surprises coming.

I feel that the inclusion of the cocoon scene was well implemented, inserted before the point of no return so it did not interfere or hinder the natural fast pacing of the finale.

The only thing I felt was missing was the inclusion of the crew's reaction to the signal, which I admit is a personal preference, and I also understand that it was removed to keep the build up to the mystery.

Subtitles to help with the select few instances when the score overwhelms a character when they're speaking quietly would have been appreciated, but that's only a very minor gripe in an otherwise fantastic experience.

I'll be coming back to this version whenever I rewatch this movie. It's an incredible fan edit and I applauded Darksteel for his phenomenal work.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments